Ahhh May, the most anticipated month of the year (after Christmas of course). And why? Only two words: Bank Holidays.
Bank holidays are just great! There is nothing better than having extra free time to go away for a few days and have a break from the daily grind. Since I am off to Rome for the long weekend, I thought it would be a good idea to show you my Holiday Essentials that I will take with me for my Roman Holiday(Thank you so much Polly for the blog post idea :)).
Starting with the Non Beauty Related:
- Sunglasses: How can you NOT wear sunglasses in the sunny Rome? (Having said that the weather podcast for Friday is Rain Rain Rain);
- iPad: Yes an absolute must considering that I will be back home visiting my parents, who unfortunately have a tiny old laptop that takes approx 10 minutes to open an Internet Explorer page;
- Book: One of the many reasons why I love travelling, is because it gives me the chance to read more, which it's something I love doing and I don't do enough. I have recently started to read "The fault in our stars" by John Green and i'm really looking forward to get into the story..I am a sucker for dramas and romance novels;
- Headphones: It's not a proper trip without music (especially if you have a noise neighbour on the plane);
- iPhone: How could I not take my phone with me? Get ready for some holidays photos, I will upload them all on my Instagram;
Now let's talk about the Beauty Essentials:
- The Body Shop Vitamin E cream exfoliator: Lately I have been really enjoying using this gentle exfoliator. It is so delicate on the skin and makes my face feel refreshed and thorougly cleaned;
- Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip balm: my absolutely favourite. I haven't found yet another lip balm that could beat this precious one. It doesn't matter how dry and chapped your lips are, this little fella will give you a new pair of lips;
- Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in "On and on Bronze": You have a small tiny bag and not enough space to carry all your eyeshadows? Well just bring one with you! This shade is just gorgeous, perfect for the summer (especially if you have a bit of a tan on) and it is really quick to apply, you can't go wrong;
- Origins GinZing Eye cream: I cannot go anywhere without my eye cream. This lovely Origins eye cream has a light texture and helps to minimise dark circles and depuff the under eye bags;
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in "Red Fushia": No words needed for this beautiful intense lip stain. If you have this in your make-up holiday bag then you won't need any other;
- The Body shop Moringa body butter: My absolutely favourite floral fragrance from the Body Shop. I have been using this product for years and it is one of my beauty staples;
- Tangle Teezer Hairbrush: I love the fact that this brush is so small. It comes in handy when you are travelling and don't have much space left for your hairbrush;
- Stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner: The best best best eyeliner ever. It stays on brilliantly, it's really pigmented and it doesn't smudge. A must try if you haven't yet!
So that's it for my Roman Holiday Essentials! Now I am very curious to know at least one of your Holiday Essentials. Please leave a comment and let me know :)